Office: Risk & Analytics Senior Actuary Latin
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced business professional with an actuarial background. Join our Global Risk and Analytics team to lead the delivery of insightful analysis and recommendations to our valued clients in Latin America. You will get involved in a wide range of complex and fascinating industries and risks, from financial institutions to natural resources, from cyber risks to P&C and non-insurable risks such as ESG and climate. If you enjoy being intellectually stimulated, working with people from different cultures, countries and geographies, and deploying state-of-the-art tools and technology, we want to meet you.
working hours: to match
working model: to match
Remuneration and Benefits:
Wage: to match
Description of activities:
Probably based in Colombia, Mexico or Brazil, and working as part of our global team of risk consultants, actuaries, natural catastrophe and climate specialists, and risk engineers, this role will center on ensuring a trusted advisor relationship with clients and internal client managers through effective communication and quality execution of projects. You will lead the delivery of actuarial model-based risk optimisation strategy recommendations to a wide range of corporate clients in Latin America. You will regularly interact with our international team and also help to manage a team of colleagues in the region.
- Support the achievement of agreed risk consulting revenue targets and model-run targets.
- Work with WTW client-facing colleagues and directly with clients to develop and deliver risk consulting projects.
- Oversee and perform modeling analysis for clients’ risks by applying standard actuarial techniques as well as WTW proprietary tools.
- Ensure quality of work by participating in our peer review process.
- Maintain a comprehensive audit trail for all analytical work.
- Present analytical results and recommendations to clients.
- Work with client facing colleagues to support awareness and training of Core models.
- Partner with Global Core Analytics on model creation and strategy, and data collection to support the “smarter way to risk” in the region.
- The sales of model licensing for the Latin America region.
Qualified actuary, preferably to USA (FCAS) or UK (FIA) standard.
- Three years+ of relevant experience for the described role, including with corporate clients.
- Able to demonstrate experience of designing and building actuarial loss forecast models for non-life insurance risks such as property and liability.
- Spoken and written Spanish, and English, must be at native speaker level. In addition, written and spoken Portuguese, while not essential, would be of added value.
- Exhibits intellectual curiosity and a positive attitude.
- Strong and persuasive client-facing communication skills.
- Experienced in preparing and presenting results and recommendations reports in clear, simple, actionable language.
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills, and attention to detail, are essential.
- A natural team player. Ready to go above and beyond to deliver high quality services to our clients, on time.
- Good organizational skills, able to work within tight deadlines and produce quality deliverables.
- You must be able to travel from time to time to meet with clients.